If you would like a sneak preview of the notices and save us paper, email email@example.com to add your name to the mailing list.
Sunday 26th November
|26th November (Christ the King) Mountains: Lift up your eyes
Joy (New Jerusalem)
9.30 am Holy Communion Steve Pendlebury & Graham Shaw
11.00 am Informal Worship Steve Pendlebury & Graham Shaw
Readings Hebrews 12:18-24
This week at Christ Church
|Sun 26th 11.00am Gems & Rocksolid Mission House
3.00pm Drop In Church
6.30pm Choir Practice Church
Mon 27th 7.00pm Student Alpha Mission House
Weds 29th 6.30pm D’Biz Mission House
Sat 2nd 2.45pm Christmas Movie Marathon Mission House
- Christmas Choir Practice: Reminder to all Christ Church Choristers, there will be a rehearsal this evening, Sunday 26th November 6.30pm at church.
- Student Alpha: This Monday 27th November 7.00pm at the Mission House. Topic title ‘Why and how should I read the Bible?’.
- Christmas Movie Marathon: On Saturday 2nd December, the Mission House will open its doors for the very first Christ Church Christmas Movie Marathon! A 2.45pm start with a family-friendly movie, followed by a family pizza picnic at around 5.00pm. After the children have left, the grown-ups get a turn and voting for the next movie will start at around 5.30pm. In all, hopefully 2 or 3 movies will be shown during the evening, with pizza being ordered in for around 7.00pm. Movies, pizza and fellowship, what’s not to like?!
- Flyering Sunday: Next Sunday 3rd December, the 11.00am service will be slightly shorter than usual and those who are able will be distributing our Christmas Card (the amazing Beatrix has done it again…) throughout the Parish, then heading back to church for the Bring & Share Lunch. (Wrap up warm for the flyering and remember to take some cards yourselves to give to family and friends.)
- Bring & Share Lunch: Next Sunday 3rd December is the monthly Christ Church Bring & Share Lunch. Please bring along sweet or savoury delights for the table and talk about your advent calendar while you eat…
- Parenting for Faith Course: Next year we are planning to run a ‘Parenting for Faith’ course to help encourage those of us that are parents that we can have a positive part to play in helping develop a real living faith and relationship with Jesus in our children. Any parents wanting to find out more, please contact Steve or Liz Pendlebury – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, 07962 821603 or 07962 668650.
- Cadets Carol Service: 610 (City of Chester) Squadron RAF Air Cadets will be hosting their annual Carol Service at Christ Church on Friday 8th December at 7.00pm. The service will be followed by refreshments and a chance to meet cadets and staff from the squadron.
- Christ Church Carol Service: On Sunday 10th December, make your way over to Christ Church for the annual Carol Service and be sure you arrive in good time for a 7.00pm start. A traditional style of 7 carols and lessons, the Christ Church Choir, a house band and hot chocolate to finish off the evening. A great way to celebrate.
- Christmas Services: As Christmas Eve, 24th December falls on a Sunday this year, there will be no morning services, but the Christingle service will be at 4.00pm and Midnight Communion at 11.30pm. There will be a joint 10.30am service on Christmas Day, 25th December and also a joint 10.30am service on New Year’s Eve, 31st December.
- Adopt-a-Student: If you’re a regular Christ Church member and you’d like to have the opportunity to look after and get to know some of our students, then this is for you! Likewise, if you’re a student and keen to break out of the ‘student bubble’, then this is perfect for you to get to know some of the guys who make up Christ Church! If you’d be interested in adopting a student or being adopted, please email Ed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Wine 2018 Tickets: Tickets for New Wine 2018 are now available. The Christ Church group will be attending Week 2, Sunday 5th August – Saturday 11th August. Book now for Super Early bird tickets as this offer ends on Sunday 3rd December https://united.new-wine.org/.
- The Gathering: Experiencing God through music and prayer. Worship by The Josh Walker Band at Chester Cathedral, Sunday 26th November 6.30 – 7.30pm. A free event open to all ages.
- Much Ado About Nothing: (an accessible Shakespeare production) is being performed by the Isabella Theatre Co from Tuesday 28th November – Saturday 2nd December inclusive at 7.30pm Tuesday & 5.30pm on Saturday. For details or to buy a ticket, visit St Peter’s, The Cross or www.isabellatheatre.co.
- Stop, Look & Listen Days at Foxhill: These mini retreats are a chance to step back from your busyness, and listen to what God is saying to you. Each day starts with coffee at 9.30am and ends with tea at 3.30pm. £21 per person- includes lunch and refreshments. Monday 11th December – Stopping, Looking and Listening in Advent. Led by the Revd. Jonathon Green- Director of Foxhill House. Preparing in Advent days open to everyone. Christmas can be a busy time; why not take a day at Foxhill to reflect and prepare. 6th, 8th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 19th, 20th or 21st December, from 9.30am to 4.00pm. The cost is £15 per person to include tea, coffee and biscuits. For further details and booking please contact Foxhill House: Tel: 01928 733777 or Email: email@example.com.
- The Greatest Journey: A brand new Nativity story booklet by Dai Woolridge and Hannah Bunting is a colourfully illustrated journey that all ages will enjoy. To get hold of your free copy visit biblesociety.org.uk/get-involved/christmas or call 01793 418300 quoting FREE BOOKLET.
- Room to Let: Lydia Atkinson, a member of Christ Church is looking for a lodger, preferably female. The room is a double and the house is situated in Boughton near to the canal and about a fifteen minute walk from the town centre. If you are interested, please contact Lydia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AND THE USUAL…
- Vicar, Rev Graham Shaw contact details: 57 Black Diamond Park, Newtown, Chester CH1 3ET (Graham’s day off is Friday) Phone (01244) 325302, email email@example.com
- Associate Vicar, Rev Ralph Kemp contact details: Phone 07762 847211, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrator, Carys Addison: If you wish to contact the church on any administration matters or if you have any notices for inclusion in future notice sheets, please email email@example.com or call 07443 584528 and leave a message. (Wednesday noon is the deadline for notices). Office days: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Sunday School: During the 11.00am service, Christ Church operates two children’s groups, Gems, the younger group is aimed at ages 2-6 years (under 2’s welcome with an accompanying adult). Rocksolid, the older group is for children aged 6 plus. For babies and under 2’s, there is a purpose built Crèche area in the vestry, complete with a TV link to the service. For further details, speak to Chloë Bayfield and Beatrix Calow firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop In: For information about Drop In, please contact Mattie Reilly: email@example.com
- D’Biz: For enquiries about our youth group, contact Eli Mitchell: firstname.lastname@example.org or Denzel Collins email@example.com.
- House Groups: Joining a Christ Church house group is a great way to enjoy mid-week fellowship and Bible study. If you are interested and would like more information, please contact our House Group Coordinator, Hannah Cox on 07837 798466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Giving at Christ Church: Giving or tithing is an important part of being a member of a church. At Christ Church we don’t take a collection at the 11.00am service, but you can give either via the donation box at the back of church, directly via the ‘4 Ways to Give’ page of the website, or by setting up a standing order at your bank. Forms are also available on the website; go to ‘Giving’ then ‘4 Ways to Give’. www.christchurchchester.com
- Text Giving: Don’t forget you can now donate to Christ Church via your mobile. Just text CHCH33 £3 to 70070 and you will donate £3 to Christ Church.
- Expense claims and other administration paperwork: Please place in the postbox marked ‘Church Admin’ in the vestry on the wall by the safe. Alternatively, post through the Mission House letterbox.
- Email Addresses: If you stop using an email address regularly and/or have a new one that you do use most days, could you please let Carys know. Likewise if you change your address or phone number. This helps to keep the Church Contact Database up to date. Contact details you give are strictly for church use and will not be shared with any third parties.
- Church Website: Our website has a backlog of past sermons, and information about what’s going on at church on www.christchurchchester.com. You can also follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/christchurchchester), Twitter (www.twitter.com/ChChChester) and Instagram www.instagram.com/christchurchchester
- Hearing Loop: A Hearing or Induction Loop takes a sound source and transfers it directly to a hearing aid without background noise, interference or acoustical distortion. This facility is available at Christ Church, but please be aware that it is not compatible with the music microphone system at the 11 o’clock service.