If you would like a sneak preview of the notices and save us paper, email firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name to the mailing list.
Sunday 25th June
|25th June (2nd after Trinity) Jeremiah: Tears and Hope
9.30 am Holy Communion Graham Shaw & Ralph Kemp
11.00 am Informal Worship Graham Shaw & Ralph Kemp
Readings Jeremiah 8:18-9:3
This week at Christ Church
|Sun 25th 11.00am Gems & Rocksolid Mission House
3.00pm Drop In Church
Weds 28th 6.30pm D’Biz Mission House
- Jeremiah: This Sunday 25th June, we continue our summer sermon series with Jeremiah’s Tears. As the book of Jeremiah is not in chronological order, Graham has kindly produced a time line to help with this confusion. It was attached to the weekly email, but if you don’t receive it and would like a copy, let me know email@example.com.
- Bring & Share: Next Sunday 2nd July is the first Sunday of the month, which means Bring & Share Lunch. If this weather continues it could well be an alfresco dining experience. Please bring savoury or sweet to contribute to the potential picnic.
- Christ Church Sweatshirts: I know it is incredibly hot at the moment and sweatshirts are the last thing on your mind, but don’t forget, this is Britain…They are only £15 each so while stocks last, bring your money and see Beatrix at church this Sunday.
- DR Congo Trip: Ralph, along with Bishop Keith and others from the Diocese are headed out on an Episcopal visit to DRC in July. The trip is not receiving any funding and costs are being met by the individuals who are travelling, so a link has been set up whereby anyone who is able to help with a financial donation for the trip and also to support the Chester Congo link in the future, can do so here: https://cafdonate.cafonline.org/6588 If you would like to be added to the regular Congo News mailing list, please let me know on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drop In: Drop In will be taking a well-earned break for the summer after an end of term BBQ on Sunday 23rd July. The doors will be open again at the beginning of September. The team is always looking for new leaders and helpers on a Sunday. If you are interested in volunteering please speak to Mattie or Veronica.
- West Cheshire Foodbank Event: West Cheshire Foodbank has been chosen by the Duchess of Westminster to host one of the four annual charity garden open days on Sunday 27th August 2017. ‘We hope to make the event a major fund raiser and help raise awareness of the West Cheshire Foodbank. We are looking for donations which will be gratefully received to enable this to be a successful fundraising event. Any donations can be left at a distribution centre marked ‘for fundraising event’, brought to the warehouse or we can collect if you ring: 07778 344726. Items we would like are: chocolate for the chocolate tombola; bottles of wine/spirits for the bottle tombola; teddies/cuddly toys (medium size) in good condition for ‘adopt a cuddly’; gifts/toys for the general tombola.’ If you would like to volunteer your help, please email email@example.com.
- Modern Slavery Awareness Service: Chester Cathedral is holding a service focusing upon anti-modern slavery on Sunday 17th September at 6.30pm. It is an ecumenical service and churches from across Cheshire will be invited. The hope is to raise awareness of modern slavery locally and globally. Major Ann Reade from the Salvation Army will be preaching and the band from Hoole Church will be playing. The Bishop of Chester, the mayor, and the high sheriff are also attending. If you would like to attend, please contact Jane Brooke, Vice Dean firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lift Required: If you are able to give a regular lift to a member of Christ Church from the Blacon area for the 11.00am service, please contact Caron on 01244 743409.
- New Email Addresses: Please note that Clyde and Helen Parker have new email addresses. Clyde’s new address is email@example.com and Helen’s firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers: Kingsway Community Café run by St Michael’s church is looking for new volunteers. If anyone is interested and has a few hours to spare, the café is open Monday to Saturday 9.00am – 1.00pm. Please contact the café manager, Tina Peters for more information email@example.com. Please note corrected email address.
- West Cheshire Foodbank: This month the Foodbank have a shortage in their warehouse of tinned potatoes and UHT Juice. If you can help, please leave donations in the allocated box at the back of church.
- To Let: Three-bedroom bungalow to let from the start of September 2017 to July 2018. £700 pcm. Situated in Huntington, pretty garden, quiet cul de sac. Contact Rob Peto 07518722298.
- Room to Rent: If you have a room to rent, preferably with parking and if possible close to Christ Church, please contact Raj firstname.lastname@example.org.
- House for Rent: Fully furnished house available to rent in August. This two- bedroom Victorian end-terrace is situated near the University of Chester and is a short walk from the town centre. £750 per month. If you are interested or would like more details, please contact Tim on 07748491462 or email@example.com.
AND THE USUAL…
- Vicar, Rev Graham Shaw contact details: 57 Black Diamond Park, Newtown, Chester CH1 3ET (Graham’s day off is Friday) Phone (01244) 325302, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Vicar, Rev Ralph Kemp contact details: Phone 07762 847211, email email@example.com
- Evangelist, Rev Glyn Jones contact details: Phone 07531 629100, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrator, Carys Addison: If you wish to contact the church on any administration matters or if you have any notices for inclusion in future notice sheets, please email email@example.com or call 07443 584528 and leave a message. (Wednesday noon is the deadline for notices). Office days: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Sunday School: During the 11.00am service, Christ Church operates two children’s groups, Gems, the younger group is aimed at ages 2-6 years (under 2’s welcome with an accompanying adult). Rocksolid, the older group is for children aged 6 plus. For babies and under 2’s, there is a purpose built Crèche area in the vestry, complete with a TV link to the service. For further details, speak to Chloë Bayfield and Beatrix Calow firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop In: For information about Drop In, please contact Mattie Reilly: email@example.com
- D’Biz: For enquiries about our youth group, contact Hannah Helvadjian: firstname.lastname@example.org
- House Groups: Joining a Christ Church house group is a great way to enjoy mid-week fellowship and Bible study. If you are interested and would like more information, please contact our House Group Coordinator, Hannah Cox on 07837 798466 or email email@example.com
- Giving at Christ Church: Giving or tithing is an important part of being a member of a church. At Christ Church we don’t take a collection at the 11.00am service, but you can give either via the donation box at the back of church, directly via the ‘4 Ways to Give’ page of the website, or by setting up a standing order at your bank. Forms are also available on the website; go to ‘Giving’ then ‘4 Ways to Give’. www.christchurchchester.com
- Text Giving: Don’t forget you can now donate to Christ Church via your mobile. Just text CHCH33 £3 to 70070 and you will donate £3 to Christ Church.
- Expense claims and other administration paperwork: Please place in the postbox marked ‘Church Admin’ in the vestry on the wall by the safe. Alternatively, post through the Mission House letterbox.
- Email Addresses: If you stop using an email address regularly and/or have a new one that you do use most days, could you please let Carys know. Likewise if you change your address or phone number. This helps to keep the Church Contact Database up to date. Contact details you give are strictly for church use and will not be shared with any third parties.
- Church Website: Our website has a backlog of past sermons, and information about what’s going on at church on www.christchurchchester.com. You can also follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/christchurchchester), Twitter (www.twitter.com/ChChChester) and Instagram www.instagram.com/christchurchchester
- Hearing Loop: A Hearing or Induction Loop takes a sound source and transfers it directly to a hearing aid without background noise, interference or acoustical distortion. This facility is available at Christ Church, but please be aware that it is not compatible with the music microphone system at the 11 o’clock service.