If you would like a sneak preview of the notices and save us paper, email firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name to the mailing list.
Sunday 24th September
|24th September (15th after Trinity) Mountains: Lift up your eyes
Law (Mount Sinai)
9.30 am Holy Communion Graham Shaw, Dan Phillips & Veronica Johnston
11.00 am Informal Worship Graham Shaw & Veronica Johnston
Readings Exodus 24:1-18
This week at Christ Church
|Sun 24th 11.00am Gems & Rocksolid Mission House
3.00pm Drop In Church
- Term Cards: Don’t forget to pick one (or a few) up at the back of church; give them out to friends and family who might like to know what goes on at Christ Church each Sunday.
- Christ Church Prayer Walk: Many of you are probably aware that the Christ Church parish boundaries were recently revised in order to reflect a more realistic picture of our local community. On Monday 25th September, Graham will be prayer-walking the new parish boundaries and he would love some company. If you would like to join him, he will be setting off from Christ Church at 7.00pm. (Don’t leave him all alone.)
- Bring & Share Lunch: Next Sunday 1st October is the monthly opportunity to bring food, sweet or savoury to share with each other for lunch. If you are able, please bring and share.
- Drop In: As Mattie said from the front of church on Sunday, Drop In is very short of volunteers this term. It is a ministry which supports the vulnerable and homeless in our community by opening the church doors each Sunday 3.00 -5.00pm, and providing, food, drinks, clothes and fellowship to those in need. If you feel that you could give some time, maybe once a month to help out, please contact Mattie on email@example.com, or 07510 562278.
- Worship @ 7: On Sunday 15th October, the Worship @ 7 service will be running again for four consecutive Sundays. Don’t miss out on this opportunity for informal, reflective evening worship. 7.00pm at Christ Church.
- Maintenance Day: How quickly this seems to come around! On Saturday 21st October, David Mc, James and Rob will be waiting for you to join them at church for a day of cleaning, mending, gardening, replacing and generally whatever it takes to make the church more beautiful as Christmas approaches. 9ish to 5ish. Please give a helping hand. If Barney and Daniel can do it…
- Christ the King Banquet: Save the date Saturday 25th November for this annual Christ Church event. Not sure what is happening as yet; keep an eye on the notices…
- Modern Slavery Awareness Service: Chester Cathedral is holding a service focusing upon anti-modern slavery on Sunday 17th September at 6.30pm. It is an ecumenical service and churches from across Cheshire will be invited. The hope is to raise awareness of modern slavery locally and globally. Major Ann Reade from the Salvation Army will be preaching and the band from Hoole Church will be playing. The Bishop of Chester, the mayor, and the high sheriff are also attending. If you would like to attend, please contact Jane Brooke, Vice Dean firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Wine Training Day: On Saturday 7th October 9.30am – 4.30pm, New Wine are holding a training day on Wholeness, an event looking at physical, mental and emotional health. It is a day aimed at equipping the Church to integrate ministry to people with mental health issues into our healing model. The venue is St Philips Church, Chapel Street, Wilton Place, Manchester M3 6FR and tickets are £12. For full details visit https://www.new-wine.org/events/wholeness-0.
- Chester Bible Focus: Wednesday 11th and Thursday 12th October at All Saints Hoole, Chester CH2 3HZ at 7.30pm. David Jackman will be speaking on “How to keep going and growing in faith.” Two evenings exploring spiritual sowing, gospel ministry, God’s big picture and believing prayer. Tickets are £3 for one evening or £5 for both evenings. Refreshments are included. For more details visit www.chesterbiblefocus.org.uk. Extra event on Thursday 12th October at Kingsway Chapel, CH2 2LH 12.00 noon – 2.00pm, ‘How to read your Bible more effectively’. Bring your lunch and join as David shares his insights in to studying the Bible. This is a free event.
- Walk for Freedom: This from Annabel Hardy – “Join us on Saturday the 14th October to shine a light on the darkness of human trafficking. We will be walking around the city, in single file, wearing black to raise awareness of the fastest growing crime in the world! Meet at Chester Cross at 12.00 noon. Please contact email@example.com or visit the website http://www.a21.org/ for more info or register at a21.org/chester.”
- West Cheshire Foodbank: There was a great response to supporting the Foodbank at our Harvest Service last Sunday but in case you missed out, the Foodbank are short of supplies of Milk (UHT); Juice (UHT); Tinned Potatoes; Tinned Custard; Coffee (100g); Tinned Spaghetti; Cup-a-Soups; Instant Mash; Cereal and Tinned Fish
- Fund Raising: Katherine Harris, a Dietetic Masters student and member of Christ Church, is currently fundraising for the Families for Children Trust by running her first marathon on the 8th October in Chester. If you would like to donate and help her fundraise towards the cause, please click on the link below to access her fundraising page:
AND THE USUAL…
- Vicar, Rev Graham Shaw contact details: 57 Black Diamond Park, Newtown, Chester CH1 3ET (Graham’s day off is Friday) Phone (01244) 325302, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Vicar, Rev Ralph Kemp contact details: Phone 07762 847211, email email@example.com
- Evangelist, Rev Glyn Jones contact details: Phone 07531 629100, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrator, Carys Addison: If you wish to contact the church on any administration matters or if you have any notices for inclusion in future notice sheets, please email email@example.com or call 07443 584528 and leave a message. (Wednesday noon is the deadline for notices). Office days: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Sunday School: During the 11.00am service, Christ Church operates two children’s groups, Gems, the younger group is aimed at ages 2-6 years (under 2’s welcome with an accompanying adult). Rocksolid, the older group is for children aged 6 plus. For babies and under 2’s, there is a purpose built Crèche area in the vestry, complete with a TV link to the service. For further details, speak to Chloë Bayfield and Beatrix Calow firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop In: For information about Drop In, please contact Mattie Reilly: email@example.com
- D’Biz: For enquiries about our youth group, contact Hannah Helvadjian: firstname.lastname@example.org
- House Groups: Joining a Christ Church house group is a great way to enjoy mid-week fellowship and Bible study. If you are interested and would like more information, please contact our House Group Coordinator, Hannah Cox on 07837 798466 or email email@example.com
- Giving at Christ Church: Giving or tithing is an important part of being a member of a church. At Christ Church we don’t take a collection at the 11.00am service, but you can give either via the donation box at the back of church, directly via the ‘4 Ways to Give’ page of the website, or by setting up a standing order at your bank. Forms are also available on the website; go to ‘Giving’ then ‘4 Ways to Give’. www.christchurchchester.com
- Text Giving: Don’t forget you can now donate to Christ Church via your mobile. Just text CHCH33 £3 to 70070 and you will donate £3 to Christ Church.
- Expense claims and other administration paperwork: Please place in the postbox marked ‘Church Admin’ in the vestry on the wall by the safe. Alternatively, post through the Mission House letterbox.
- Email Addresses: If you stop using an email address regularly and/or have a new one that you do use most days, could you please let Carys know. Likewise if you change your address or phone number. This helps to keep the Church Contact Database up to date. Contact details you give are strictly for church use and will not be shared with any third parties.
- Church Website: Our website has a backlog of past sermons, and information about what’s going on at church on www.christchurchchester.com. You can also follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/christchurchchester), Twitter (www.twitter.com/ChChChester) and Instagram www.instagram.com/christchurchchester
- Hearing Loop: A Hearing or Induction Loop takes a sound source and transfers it directly to a hearing aid without background noise, interference or acoustical distortion. This facility is available at Christ Church, but please be aware that it is not compatible with the music microphone system at the 11 o’clock service.